Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Believe...



When starting any venture or path there are always steps to be taken. Some are more important than others, others may seem trivial but have the potential to turn into the biggest stepping stone to success. Above all there is one step that trumps all others in importance, power and priority. Its a cliche' but that most important first step is SELF BELIEF.  Because without it you have nothing. You may go and buy all the best brushes, palettes, pigments, creams and gels; have the best tools and cases and be taught by the most respected and revered professionals in the industry but unless you believe in yourself - it is all useless in your journey.

A wise woman once said:

''Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.'' (Gail Devers)

 And never has a statement been more true. I remember when I had my first lightbulb moment about becoming a makeup artist a long time ago. Something inside of me lit fire and it was as if so many things slot into place, all these ideas I had floating around in my head without a cause finally had a place but even so, I still pushed it all to the back of my mind because of all the negative thoughts that coexisted with my dreams. It took me a long time to realise that my dreams weren't stupid, I will make something of them and I CAN and WILL be successful if I just put my mind to it and now I'm well on my way leaving a blazing trail behind me =) . The journey isn't complete yet but I wanted to share some encouraging words with you and really let you know that before anything you absolutely MUST believe in yourself and your talent and then the rest is easy LOL!!

I want to share with you a very inpiring video from celebrity makeup artist Kandee Johnson. In it she shares herpersonal story and  tells of the importance of self belief.




No comments:

Post a Comment